1. In the backdrop of the United Nations Revised Guidelines on Consumer Protection (UNGCP) 2015, the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (Department of Consumer Affairs), Government of India and UNCTAD will be organizing the Regional Conference on Consumer Protection “Empowering Consumers in New Markets” on 26-27 October, 2017 in New Delhi.
2. Delegates (Ministers and Senior officials responsible for Consumer Protection) from 24 countries of South Asia, South East Asia, and East Asia are being invited to participate in the conference, besides delegates from the multi-lateral agencies, international think tanks.
4. The venue for the conference will be Vigyan Bhavan, Maulana Azad road, New Delhi, India.
5. The entry to the venue will be on the basis of entry badges to be issued to the participants.
6. Only those vehicles with stickers to be issued by the Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India may enter the venue. Private taxies can take participants till the entry gate.
7. There will be a cabin inside the venue for keeping belongings of the participants.
8. Registration is mandatory for all the participants. The participants are advised to register online on the conference website “rccp.gov.in”.
9. On the opening day on 26th October, 2017, registration of participants (those not registered) will commence at 9.00 hours at the venue
10. The opening session of the conference will start at 10.30 hours on 26th October, 2017 in the Plenary Hall of Vigyan Bhavan.
11. The remaining sessions of both the days will be devoted to specific themes and will be held in Hall No. 5 of Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
12. After panel discussion in each session, there will be interactive sessions during which the delegates can offer their views/comments. Delegates wishing to speak may ask for the floor by simply raising their country's nametag, once the floor is open by the chair.
13. On the first day on 26th October, 2017, there will be group photo at 13.45 hours, followed by lunch.
14. There will be a conference dinner on the first day on 26th October, 2017.
15. The entry badges can be collected for the participants in advance by the Embassies of the countries concerned from the Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India (Room No. 461, Krishi Bhavan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road/ 011-23389936) or will be made available at the facilitation counter at the entry gate of the venue (Vigyan Bhavan) on 26th October, 2017
16. Participants are REQUIRED to obtain an appropriate entry visa from the Indian Embassy or Consulate before entering New Delhi.
17. The participants must submit online application for visa at www.indianvisaonline.gov.in Indian missions abroad are authorized to issue Conference Visas to delegates on production of
18. Visa for participants from Afghanistan, foreigners of Pakistani origin and Stateless persons can be issued only after clearance of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India. Therefore, online application of Visa must be made 60 days in advance. It is also requested to the participants from the aforementioned countries to provide information in the following format by e-mail at email@example.com at the earliest so that the foreign missions can be intimated in advance for issuance of visas:
|Name||Father’s/ Husband’s name||Date of birth||Place of birth||Nationality and Passport no.||Date of Issue||Place of Issue||Date of Expiry||Online visa application number||Address in country of residence|
19. Local Hospitality will be provided to official delegations and speakers by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution (Department of Consumer Affairs), Government of India .
20. For other attendees the Department of Consumer affairs has negotiated a preferential rate for accommodation for the duration of the conference at hotel Le Meridien.
| Le Meridien New Delhi,
New Delhi 110001,
|Contact for reservation:
Contact Person ISHITA BHATIA
Asst. Manager - Sales
+91 11 23710101
D +91 11 23460282
+91 11 23716996
21. October in Delhi, India have a mean daytime temperature around 30℃ and 33℃.
22. 220- 240-volt AC. For an appliance that is not compatible with multiple voltages, then an adapter is needed.
23. The monetary unit in India is rupees, made up of 100 paise. Notes are issued in denominations of 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 2000 rupees, and coins of 1,2,5 and 10 rupees. 1 Indian rupee is equivalent to 0.015 (approx.) US Dollar.
24. For the participants choosing to book hotel reservation in hotel Le Meridien, airport transfer is on request and chargeable basis.
25. Transport facility will be provided for pickup of the delegates staying in hotel Le Meridien to the venue of the conference.
26. For any query/clarification correspondence may be made in the email : cons-conf2017[at]gov[dot]in/ telephone number: 91-11-23389936.